Excellence in Teaching-Certificate of Recognition for Excellence in Teaching #
Since 2007 In order to receive this award, recipients must:
- Have received teaching evaluations that are at or above the school average in at least two courses
- Submit a statement of their teaching philosophy.
- Have completed a course on teaching and/or Preparing Future Faculty (PFF) and submit either:
- letter of recommendation from a faculty member,
- A peer review of the student’s teaching, or
- A description of a Scholarship of Teaching and Learning project
Jerry Powers Esprit Award #
Recognizes the student or students who most exemplify a spirit of inquiry and scholarly enthusiasm. Since 1998.
The faculty teaching in the PhD Program select 1 or 2 students annually to be honored as recipients of the Jerry Powers Esprit Award.