IU South Bend
Let us be the first to say: Congratulations, we are so proud of you! The faculty and staff of the IU School of Social Work share in your excitement as you prepare to graduate.
Please review the following before completing your graduation application:
- All students planning to graduate in academic year 2021-2022 (including May 2022, June 2022; or August 2022) must submit a graduation application.
- All seniors are encouraged to participate in the May 2022 IUSB commencement ceremony. Those graduating in December 2022 will participate in May 2023.
- “Anticipated Graduation Date” references when all your degree requirements will be met, including your practicum and summer courses.
- Final transcripts are the official record of your degree. You can expect to see your degree conferred on your transcript within three weeks of your graduation.
- Diplomas are typically available about two months after your graduation date. The Office of the Registrar will send an email to your IU email account when diplomas are available. You will have the opportunity to pick them up on campus for about three weeks. Once the three weeks have passed, diplomas will be mailed to the mailing address you have listed in your Student Center. It’s important that you keep that address updated. Diplomas sent to the wrong address are rarely returned. Transcripts and duplicate diplomas can be ordered from the Office of the Registrar.