Let us be the first to say: Congratulations, we are so proud of you! The faculty and staff of the IU School of Social Work share in your excitement as you prepare to graduate.
Please review the following before completing your graduation application:
- All students planning to graduate must submit a graduation application (Please find the Graduation Application link at the end of this page). Students who have applied for graduation will have their degree audit reviewed to determine that all requirements are met.
- Failure to meet the graduation application deadline will prevent your name from being printed in the Commencement and School Programs. The name on the student’s official university record will be printed on the diploma. Please check One.IU to verify your Primary name. If a student wishes a different name printed, INCLUDING adding a middle name or abbreviation, you must change your Degree name in one.iu.edu and search “Personal Information” as soon as possible.
- “Anticipated Graduation Date” references when all your degree requirements will be met, including your practicum and summer courses.
- Final transcripts are the official record of your degree. You can expect to see your degree conferred on your transcript within three weeks of your graduation.
- Diplomas are typically available about two months after your graduation date. The Office of the Registrar will send an email to your IU email account when diplomas are available. You will have the opportunity to pick them up on campus for about three weeks. Once the three weeks have passed, diplomas will be mailed to the mailing address you have listed in your Student Center. It’s important that you keep that address updated. Diplomas sent to the wrong address are rarely returned. Transcripts and duplicate diplomas can be ordered from the Office of the Registrar.
Specific information regarding the Commencement Ceremonies will be sent to the Student List Servs in February or March.